Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Diigo


Feel free to visit my Diigo page! Over the past few weeks that I've been researching various ways to put together digital stories, wiki's, etc, I've made sure to bookmark them. To be honest, it can get quite addicting bookmarking when you have this feature installed. The Diigolet is conveniently located at the top of my tool bar therefore, I have no problem clicking it as many times as I want when I come across something interesting! 
  

 During my Diigo journey, I did notice that my links were too much for me to keep track of, so I have created folders and categories based on what I am researching. Above, on the left hand side you will see a column labeled "My Lists". These are the lists I have created to organize my links into separate categories. As soon as I bookmark something I like, it prompts me with an option if I would like to place it in one of my  lists. 

     In the classroom, this would be an excellent tool to use if students were working on a research project. Students will be able to save articles, images, interesting facts they found by bookmarking them! They can use the list feature to organize all the information they collect. Another awesome feature is that Diigo allows the user to highlight! This would be great to use if a student wanted to highlight one detail or fact from a particular page. That way, when students go back into their accounts to look for that webpage, it will take them directly to it and directly to the phrase or sentence that was highlighted. 
   It would be important to guide them first to see what kinds of different things they could do with Diigo. For example, I didn't find out about the "Lists" option until I was overwhelmed with how many links I bookmarked! 
     Not only did I download the Diigolet on my laptop and PC but also on my iPad! This is where I mostly use the highlighting feature because a lot of my reading is done one my iPad. It is so simple to highlight and create a sticky note! 
    I have enjoyed using Diigo personally and I think it would benefit students in the classroom who are working on research projects. What are other ways Diigo could be used in the classroom? 

1 comment:

  1. Rubi I agree, if kids were using Diigo for doing a research project it would make organizing their resources easily accessible for the rest of the class. I have taught my class how to highlight appropriately...there have been times they like to highlight everything.

    ReplyDelete