Thursday, February 2, 2012

Diigo and Animoto!




Diigo
Wow, Diigo is great! This is an awesome way to organize information that you are researching. This is also a great tool to collaborate and send specific articles or information to someone. I love the highlighting and sticky note feature because it gives you the opportunity to let important information stand out to you. The sticky notes will serve as a reminder about specific information you want to remember.






Animoto



I signed up for Animoto and love how fun and easy it is to use! This is an easy and interactive way for students to work together on a specific project and put a presentation together. You can add pictures, music and text related to the topic or theme of your video. This beats having to use Windows Media to help you create a video. I think everyone should know about this.

3 comments:

  1. Be sure to embed in a blog post an Animoto you create and to tell about it and how you might be able to use it in your future teaching. I am fan of Diigo. I use in a spells. I will go for months without using the account much, and then go back and start adding bookmarks like crazy. Do you use the highlighting feature often? Do use the sticky notes often? Because you are a regular user of Diigo, do you mind doing a demo in class, or at least showing a few people how you use it in a small group format? Thanks for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the highlighting feature! It helps me keep track of quotes or specific pieces of information I need from a website. It also lets me book mark them that way when I need that website again with that piece of information highlighted, I can go straight to that page and not shuffle through the whole article again. Already in my daily life, I go through hundreds of sticky notes. Having them digitally makes things so much easier. I don't lose the sticky notes and they'll always be "stuck" to the webpage I originally placed it on. I'd love to do a demo!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rub, it will help if you can demo in class how you use Diigo to help you organize a research project. Since you are well into having this information stored in one place, it would be easy for you to do this demo. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete